Capt. Mustafa Kanafani is a senior maritime expert with Master Mariner education and maritime law background, as well as extensive hands-on experience both at sea and onshore.
For over 10 years, he has been acting as an accredited representative to IMO (International Maritime Organization, a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for regulating shipping industry), taking active part in IMO committees and subcommittees working on amending and modifying IMO codes, protocols and conventions (i.e. safety at sea, maritime environment protection and related rules).
Capt. Mustafa Kanafani specializes in maritime compliance and regulatory matters, with an emphasis on the implementation of maritime conventions, and is highly experienced in such areas as maritime security and safety management systems including ISO manual, maritime labour conventions and related rules, ship/port management and operation, and cyber security and new technology / electronic integrating systems.
Honours and Awards:
Capt. Kanafani's active engagement with international societies has been consistently recognized through numerous awards and accolades, inclusive of:
- Future leader award 2015 from Crans Montana Forum, Switzerland
- Livery Man of Shipwright, London City Livery Company
- Ambassador of WISTA-UK since 2008
- Member of Rotary Club of London since 2011
- Member of British Computer Society MBCS since 2008
- Member of the Board of US Propeller Club, etc.